Sunday, October 10, 2010

Siiiigh.

The best line from the 90s flick, Singles. (copied and pasted it from IMDB, so can't guarantee grammatical correctness)



"Linda, uh, it's me. I had to call you. It's about midnight. I was just having many beers. And, uh, I just wanted to say what I should have said at the dock. I fucking chickened out when I acted casual, like Mr. Casual. I should have said it. You...belong...with...me! We belong together. And what really pisses me off is that, now that we're really talking, you thought I proposed to you only because you were pregnant. What's that about?! I mean...hey, this is not the bathroom! And you know maybe if I had said some of these things at the dock it would have made a difference because, but I think we made a big mistake because, we had good times and we had bad times, but we had times. And I would like to start over. I would like to be new to you. I want to be new to you. I want to be Mr. New. So call me back if you want to. But this is the last time I'll call. And, if you really needed to know how I feel, how I really feel, that's how I feel. I love you. And that's something you should know, so I won't bother you again. So, good night. And good bye. And call me back. Good bye."


love.

2 comments:

Wildfell Hall Vintage said...

was just blasting that soundtrack today, an old favourite. when men had long hair.

Jenn said...

every time i see that movie i fall in love with it again. one minute im identifying with bridget fonda then kyra sedgwick and most recently, campbell scott's character. incredible. i think it borders on therapy for me(and so much cheaper).

and the soundtrack...uhhh-mazing.