This week we have a few questions with Mary from the new Etsy store Faith's Fashions. Then you can find a review of one of her products, along with a chance to win one of your very own!
One of Mary's wonderful hats.
1. What's your "day" job?
Making hats and raising my family! I love that I can do both at the same time. Many of my extended family are currently wearing the hats I have made and it was their encouragement that led to this store. My husband might not wear one of my hats, but he encouraged me to make them more widely available!
2. How did you get into making hats?
Last fall I saw some pictures of hats one of my friends was making. I loved how adorable they were and wanted to make some of my own, but I had never crocheted before. She was my inspiration to start crocheting. Even though I have made several other things, crochet hats have been my favorite project! I have made many for my family and friends as gifts. They have encouraged me to post them online as an outlet for my addiction.
3. What are five words you would use to describe your Etsy business?
Practical, simple, cute, sweet, hobby
4. Your dream job?
Raising my family!
5. Five words that you'd use to describe yourself?
Girly, practical, thrifty, loyal, devout
6. Anything else you would like to tell potential buyers?
I put my heart into my work. If I don't love what I have made, I take it out and try to make something better next time. I am a perfectionist--which is a good thing and a bad thing. I would probably have a lot more hats for sale if I weren't so picky! I want to make sure that you will love what you buy from me as much as I loved it as I was making it.
7. Most played song on your playlist?
Probably the theme song from Veggie Tales. :)
Mary graciously provided a newsboy hat for review. This one to be exact:
It came in a cute package with some extra ribbons, in case I wanted to change them out:
The hat: I loved it as soon as I saw it. After wearing it around for the day, I received compliments from my niece (an ultra critical 9 year old), my mom (an ultra critcial something or other year old), and even the lady at the post office. It was a hit for sure.
I love the feel of it and since I have thick hair, a lot of knit caps don't work well, but this one stayed put all day. It just might be my new favorite hat and is PERFECT for fall weather. The color is great and so are the ribbons. Just an awesome piece.
Where you can get your own: Go check out Faith's Fashions, where you can find items like this hat, as well other pieces for the little ones in your life.
Mary has kindly offered one of you lucky winners a chance to win a hat that looks like the one I reviewed above.
How to enter:
Mandatory: Head over to Faith's Fashions and then come back here to leave a comment on what item you love the most. While you are over there, be sure to look around. Her hats would make great gifts this Christmas.
- Add Faith's Fashions to your Etsy Favorites by hearting her shop. (One entry)
- Become a follower of this blog via Google Friend Connect and leave a comment saying you did so. If you are already a follower leave a comment saying that. (One entry)
- Tweet about this contest daily and leave a new comment for each tweet. (Once per day)
- Enter any of my other giveaways that are currently running and leave a comment for each. (One per giveaway)
- Post this contest to your blog or Facebook page and leave the link. (One for either)
- Leave a comment on any non contest post on this blog and leave a comment saying which post. (Up to 3 additional entries)
- Follow @bbvintage on Twitter and leave a comment about it. (One entry)
You have to leave separate comments for each entry. In other words, if you become a follower and tweet about the contest at the same time, leave one comment saying you're following and another saying that you tweeted it. Also, be sure to leave your email address in your comment. Thanks!
That simple! This contest is open to readers in the US and Canada.
This contest will run until October 25th at midnight Eastern. After that a winner will be chosen using a random number generator over at random.org. The winner will be the person with the comment of the corresponding number. I will then contact the person via the email left in your comments. If no answer is received within 48 hours a new winner will be chosen.
PS-Have a new business that you want to promote? Have an old business that seems a bit stagnant? Just wanting some close-to-free publicity? Contact me at bluebutterflyvintage [at] yahoo.com to talk about sponsoring a giveaway on BBV. I will send you some fancy stats.
A note for The Man: Faith's Fashions provided me with a hat for review and is providing the hat that is available for the giveaway.