Monday, September 20, 2010

Arts Festival aka Here Comes the Rain

Well, I went and sold my stuff (I make wire rings, rings from old broken earrings/bracelets, and artsy fartsy photography) at a festival out in the woods yesterday. I can't say it was a rousing success, as I made a small profit, very small, but I did get a lot of great feedback and some people who asked about various things, including selling some of my stuff wholesale.






It started out promising, selling a few rings and an old fedora that I had revamped with peacock feathers, but then the rain decided to come hang out. FOREVER. That mixed with ultra annoying gnats (what's with the g in that word?) made for a pretty lousy day. I was freezing cold and once the rain came, the moderate crowd truly dissipated. Ah, well, you win some and you lose some. It just sucks a lot when ya lose.  


My cousin was set up right next to me. She dabbles in antiques and re-purposing old things and giving them a second life with a country touch. The picture above is a table of her stuff.

Luckily I was also right next to ladies who made their own dips that were out for sampling. Yeah, I had a few.

0 comments: