5 Reasons I love this movie:
- The Nolan Factor - I love any movie this Christopher Nolan makes. Just saw Inception for the first time and loved that, too. His characters are rich in complexities. And that was the understatement of the week. I love how you have to slowly solve the puzzle in his films, without it feeling too gimmicky. Also, the ends are generally open to interpretation, which I love and hate, but in a good way:) I think this might be the best movie of the past five years and it makes me sad that it was not touted as such. It is AMAZING.
- Christian Bale - Such an underrated actor. You don't think so, but he rarely gets credit for great roles that he has played. This is one of them. Or two.
- David Bowie - You have to love the fact the Bowie plays renegade inventor Nikola Tesla. Who else could? The first time I saw this was in a theater and I remember saying aloud, about five minutes after seeing him, "Oh my God, that's David Bowie." Yeah, it was a bit awkward.
- Nikola Tesla - So, I'm a secret nerd and I have been my whole life. I love learning and I have been known to grow a bit obsessed with various historical figures. Nikola Tesla is on that list. The guy was pretty amazing and if you've never heard of him or know little about him, he is worth a search.
- Magical - Love the use of a magic as a way for the two main characters to constantly one up each other. The way it begins to blend with reality, while also pushing further into fantasy is pretty amazing. Gosh, I just love it. Umm, can you tell that I LOVE THIS MOVIE? Yeah, I do.
Song from the flick: