Saturday, June 18, 2011

Review: Here, Home, Hope



Recently I was sent a copy of Here, Home, Hope written by Kaira Rouda. It was a great summer read.

The main character is going through changes in her life (a new career, amongst many others) that can be easily related to by anyone who reads it. I love that she has a T2C list (things to change) and they are sprinkled in through out the novel. Add in different elements of humor when relating to the local know it alls and such, and you realize that this could be about any town in America.

I definitely recommend this book for summer trips as it is such an easy read. Rouda has a way with words that make them seem more like a conversation than a book, which is one of my favorite aspects of her writing. I also love the multiple pop culture references, though one time my creative writing professor told me things like that could alienate certain readers. I was not one of those readers. I love pop culture references.



Check out the book trailer:



More info on the author here.

Follow her on Twitter here. 

Check out places to buy the book here.


This review was made possible due my affiliation with One2One Network.

1 comments:

Jenna said...

I love to read and this book sounds like something I would be interested in. Do you know where I can get a copy?

redshadow1606@gmail.com